Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From an early age I decided that God must have a twisted sense of humor. Why else would a person who hates winter so much be born in February, the worst of the winter months? There is so much to dislike about the season. It’s cold (yes, I’m aware that I live in Texas, but it’s all relative people!), wet, and gloomy. The only thing I ever enjoy about winter is the off year it gets cold enough to ice over for a few days and the whole city stands still. There is something very aw-inspiring when a little frozen water can clear a city. We didn’t even get that this year.

I guess I have the equivalent of cabin fever. I’m ready for spring, sunshine, and skirts. I know it’s all psychological, as we still have pretty good weather, comparatively, but I miss the 90 degree sunshine.

Maybe part of the winter depression this year is just that, it’s this year. The man & I spent eighteen months planning a wedding, (Don’t get me wrong, I’m so glad to be hitched to this fella, but the actual event left a bad taste in our mouth. {Really bad planner, money stolen, ran the thing myself, ect.}) and so the last few months have been spent catching our breath and trying to reintegrate with the rest of the world. I think I’m just ready to start on the next thing.

I have finished my 101 list, & I will post it in the sidebar as soon as I get a little organization to it. A new year in my life, a new marriage, a new president, and spring is just over the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment